History & Awards
WITec began with the introduction of the firstfeaturing easy to use cantilever SNOM sensors for reliable optical imaging beyond the diffraction limit. In addition, the accessory AFM module for imaging of local stiffness and adhesion along with topography was a successfully introduced to the AFM community.
With the release of the firstsystem in 1999, WITec outperformed the existing Raman mapping techniques in terms of sensitivity, speed and lateral resolution, pioneering Raman spectroscopy as a tool for true 3D chemical imaging.
WITec continuously launches new, highly-innovative technologies:
- 2010 the patented for profilometric analyses convinced the experts and was distinguished by well-respected prizes.
- 2014 the world's first Raman Imaging and Scanning Electron (RISE) microscope was introduced by WITec.
- Since 2015 the fully automated confocal Raman Imaging System alpha300 apyron is available.
- 2018 WITec presented the inverted confocal Raman imaging microscope alpha300 Ri.
- The product line is continuously developed further and adapted to the needs of the customers.
The WITec products received several awards and prestigious prizes.
Theof WITec microscopes allows the integration of Confocal Raman and Scanning Probe Microscopy in one system.